For a healthier version, try fresh vegetables, homemade mashed potatoes and ground turkey instead of listed ingredients.
4 pouches of Betty Crocker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 10oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 cup of water
1 packet of brown gravy mix
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to directions. Mix in 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add vegetables and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add ground beef and Worcestershire sauce; cook until well browned. Pour off excess fat, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add ketchup, water and brown gravy mix. Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish. Next, spread a layer of vegetables. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown