Monday, February 13, 2012

Pinterest

So, no thanks to Nikki Tracht, I have discovered Pinterest.  This may be the only version of "window shopping" or "magazine browsing" that I actually like.  For those who know me best, you know I absolutely hate shopping- particularly for myself.  I find no joy whatsoever in going to a mall to simply walk around.

So what is Pinterest? 
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.  People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.

Basically, you see something you like on the web, and you have a spot to save a picture of whatever it is.  You create your own categories and "pin" whatever you find to your various boards.  I love this mainly because I always run across things on blogs and say "I'll have to try that sometime."  Then when I think of it again, I forget where I saw it.  Pinterest helps me keep track of things I find on the web that I like.

Check it out sometime when you get bored.

 Michelle Waychoff's Pinterest Boards

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest! I love the things (well most of the things) my friends post. Found some pretty great, EASY recipes to make too!

    ReplyDelete