Sunday, April 18, 2010

Often Wish I had Superhuman Powers

What a weekend.  Started with an infamous military ball.  All-in-all it wasn't bad at all.  Decent food, great people, okay food and some quality time with my hubby.  Dave absoutely hates those formal functions.  They usually have a speaker who talks about space or signal- this tends to be rather uninteresting to the common layman and just about every military spouse.  He had me giggling as he was watching TV on his cell phone while the guest speaker spoke of military satellites and pictures from space. 

Saturday morning was spent at the hobby shop.  I have to make "First Communion Banners" for Kaleb and Brian's first communion which is on May 9th.  I don't think I have a creative bone in my body, but ended up not doing too bad at all.  I went fairly simple-  Banners sit at 26" x 34".  They have their first name going down the side and their last name going across the bottom.  I cut out grapes to make bunches of grapes, a cross, and a chalace.  Now everything just needs to be glued together.  They look like they were put together by a child, but I guess it's the thought that counts.
 
Kaleb played his second football game of the season yesterday.  They won 36-0.  He loves football.  I hope he sticks with it. 

I took a 2 hour nap on Saturday afternoon.  It reminded me how much I love sleeping.  I think I would accomplish so much more everyday if I wasn't so exhausted all the time.  So much to do all the time and never enough time or energy to accomplish it.

Saturday night, I went to my good friend, Kristen's, house.  I love talking to her.  She gives me perspective on life. She's a great friend and I'll always consider myself fortunate and lucky to have her.  Everyone needs 1 good friend that they can confide in. 

Today was spend catching up on a paper that is 4 months overdue.  I took an incomplete in a class.  Only one paper left to complete the class.  I need to finish it today.  The class is just so boring and time consuming.  The class is "Documentation in Social Work Services."  Very, very boring.  If I don't finish the paper by tomorrow, I will have to pay my Tution Assistance back and that would really suck.  Doesn't help that I'm a god-awful procrastinator. 

Going this week to see the dentist about getting a snore guard.  I snore horribly.  I officially do not have sleep apnea, but it doesn't change the fact that I snore enough to keep Dave awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment